Bridgeman Images, the prestigious international fine art & photo archive specialising in licensing fine art, cultural and historical images and footage is seeking a copywriter/translator to join the marketing team on a freelance basis.
Who we are:
With 5 offices worldwide (London, New York, Paris, Berlin and Bologna), we represent over 2000 museums, galleries, artists, photographers, and archives internationally and our clients include consumer, trade and educational publishers, TV and Film Studios, design and product companies, plus commercial and digital agencies. We provide a pleasant work environment, support remote working, and boast a small team of dynamic and dedicated co-workers.
We are looking for a freelance copywriter/translator to interpret and transcreate written content in French, making sure to maintain the original meaning, message, and format. For this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and be fluent in English in addition to your native language French.
Estimated workload: between 4 and 10 hours per month (with the possibility of expansion in the future)
- Review copy materials, understand the content and meaning and research industry-specific terminology
- Produce a French text, ready for publication and ensure that the translated content conveys the original meaning
- Translate or transcreate text from either English, Italian or German language to a high standard French while preserving the original meaning
- Cross-reference specialised dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy
- Collaborate with internal team members to ensure translation meets their needs
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure)
- Native reading, writing, and speaking skills in French with a good working knowledge of English
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- Time-management skills – flexibility to work to specific deadlines and good workload planning skills
- Ideally previous experience of working with photo agencies (to understand all the terminology used)
- Knowledge (or background) of the arts, culture and history sector is a big plus
- 3+ years experience in copywriting, transcreating and translating into French
Please send your application including a cover letter and examples of previous translation works to Anja Reinthaler, Marketing Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 19th March 2021